Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vasque Bitterroot Hiking Boots


Will you be spending time on the trails this Summer?  Backpacking?  Hiking?  Then you need to have a look at these gorgeous hiking boots that will have your feet feeling like they can move mountains.  the Vasque BITTERROOT boot has a beautiful classic look and brawn to go with it.  They make your feet feel secure, which is exactly what I need.  Having broken both ankles in my life, I need a lot of support there and my ankles feel strong and also comfortable with lots of cushion, making them a dream come true for my ankles.

There is a reinforced toe and look at those beefy Vibram soles.  There's a removable insole that can be replaced with your preferred insole such as an orthopedic insole, and the Gortex keeps your feet dry while remaining breathable.  There is so much shock absorption and stability in these boots, I don't want to take them off.

Haven't had them out on super rough terrain yet, but walked a few miles and experienced no break in time, no blisters and supreme comfort.  They make me feel powerful, as though I can go anywhere!  I love the ruby laces, but they also come with a more low profile set.  They're very good looking, but they mean business.

Of all your gear, footwear is among the most important, right up there with safety stuff.  It's one area you should not skimp at all, unhappy feet can ruin a trip and improper footwear isn't safe.  You don't want to snap an ankle because you don't have enough support, and you don't want to carry a heavy load without the proper boots on your feet.  They come in both men's and women's sizing. Find them HERE.